cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Spam Notificaitons

The-Messenger
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure spam notifications on an Ironport C360, the help link shows a window with information for making this configuraiton but does not show where, in the ironport menu, the Configuring Spam Notifications page can be found or accessed.  I've clicked through every link, I think, and still have not found this page.

Where can the Configuring Spam Notifications page be found?

1 Reply 1

Greetings,

I think your referring to the quarantine notifications, If not let me know.  I have included some basic steps for this below.

Steps:

1.  Within the Network tab -> Interfaces.  Ensure that  the IronPort Spam Notification settings are correct.  NOTE: Make sure  that if you use the hostname of the IronPort within the URL display,  that it is resolvable.

2.  Within the Montor tab -> Local  Quarantines -> IronPort Spam Quarantine -> Edit (on the right side  of the row).  Edit these settings as you would like.

3. Within  that same panel.  Click on the End-User Quarantine Access box.  Modify  this section under the End-User Authentication.  Set this to "None".

4.  Again within the same panel.  Click on the Enable Spam Notification  box.  Complete this panel as required.  NOTE: You may modify the text  body within the message configuration, however the values between "%"  are where the system inputs it's data information to the user.   Notification Schedule can be set to your requirements.  A recommendation  is to Daily Weekdays and 6am and 3pm.  This will give the users a  notification prior to the start of the workday and just prior to the end  of their day.

Christopher C Smith

CSE

Cisco IronPort Customer Support