Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

core device to send a mail

Hi Folks,

Can I make my core device to send a mail when devices under it goes down for any reason

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Thanveer,

thanks for the clarification, AsyncOS does not create email alerts when a interface is going down. That's what you want to check SNMP for, which provides traps send to a destination specified that hosts a monitoring software. You then coukd configure that software to send an alert whenever an interface, or or other hardware, fails.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Thanveer,

when you say "goes down", do you mean an actual shutdown of the appliance, or any reciving problems/workqueue backups?

Andreas

I thank You for atleast sparing some time to reply.

I actually meant by that is, When the connectivity goes down or link flapps, then it should be able to send the mails

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Hello

Thanveer,

thanks for the clarification, AsyncOS does not create email alerts when a interface is going down. That's what you want to check SNMP for, which provides traps send to a destination specified that hosts a monitoring software. You then coukd configure that software to send an alert whenever an interface, or or other hardware, fails.

Hope that helps,

Andreas