Helpful
Replies

Destination Controls | Multiple Domains

g_sam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Currently running Cloud ESA version: 13.5.1-352

I'm trying to set up a destination control for over 15 domains to set TLS to required when sending mail. The domains are all separate second-level domains (eg: domainA.com, domainB.com, domainC.com, etc.) so I can't use the wildcard option for subdomain control.

I looked through the documentation that I had found hoping for the domain value to accept an array of values, however I could not find confirmation of this.

Can anyone let me know if there is a way to add all these domains to a list and reference the list from the Destination Control section? It would be great if I could manage the configuration of all these domains from a single rule.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can't add multiple destinations to a single entry.

You can add a couple of entries (so you have examples), then Export the table (button is in the bottom left)

Then get the file via FTP, edit it as required, put it back via FTP and Import it (button is in top right)

Examples of the file format are also available in the online help under the heading "Importing and Exporting Destination Control Configurations"

You could also use the CLI, you're looking for DESTCONFIG. DESTCONFIG is batch enabled, meaning you can feed it all of the parameters in one line, so you could script it... or just write the commands out (I use excel to build out batches like this) and then copy/paste them.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa14-0/cli_reference_guide/b_CLI_Reference_Guide_14_0/b_CLI_Reference_Guide_chapter_0100.html#con_1821705

Here’s an example of the destconfig batch format:

destconfig new domainA.com use_tls=required

destconfig new domainB.com use_tls=required

destconfig new domainC.com use_tls=required

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You can't add multiple destinations to a single entry.

You can add a couple of entries (so you have examples), then Export the table (button is in the bottom left)

Then get the file via FTP, edit it as required, put it back via FTP and Import it (button is in top right)

Examples of the file format are also available in the online help under the heading "Importing and Exporting Destination Control Configurations"

You could also use the CLI, you're looking for DESTCONFIG. DESTCONFIG is batch enabled, meaning you can feed it all of the parameters in one line, so you could script it... or just write the commands out (I use excel to build out batches like this) and then copy/paste them.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa14-0/cli_reference_guide/b_CLI_Reference_Guide_14_0/b_CLI_Reference_Guide_chapter_0100.html#con_1821705

Here’s an example of the destconfig batch format:

destconfig new domainA.com use_tls=required

destconfig new domainB.com use_tls=required

destconfig new domainC.com use_tls=required

Thank you so very much for much informative and amazing note.

shankar8362
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks alot, It really helped me.