cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DKIM with two Ironports

samuelsancho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm testing DKIM and it works fine with one Ironport but, what happens if you have two Ironports for outbound mails?. Each ironport creates his own TXT record so what happens when hotmail, for example, go to my DNS? how it knows which Ironport has sent the email? (the MX records are different but TXT?). Do I have to inserts one TXT record with DKIM signature for each Ironport?, is it enough with this?

Thank you

Samuel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Enrico Werner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Samuel,

the trick is to use the same key and profile on all appliances. So you create a domain profile on the first machine as well as the siging key and publish the TXT record. There can be only one TXT record for a domain. Then you use the export function for the keys as well as the profiles which will save them on the appliance. Download them and import them to the second machine.

Best,
Enrico

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Enrico Werner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Samuel,

the trick is to use the same key and profile on all appliances. So you create a domain profile on the first machine as well as the siging key and publish the TXT record. There can be only one TXT record for a domain. Then you use the export function for the keys as well as the profiles which will save them on the appliance. Download them and import them to the second machine.

Best,
Enrico