cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'egg/pxremote.py get|1492'

sschmidtbdh
Level 1
Level 1

I received the following error message from my ironport C370, do I need to be concerned?

thanks

2 Replies 2

sschmidtbdh
Level 1
Level 1

sorry here is the full message

The Critical message is:

An application fault occurred: ('egg/pxremote.py get|1492', "<class 'pxremote.CommandException'>", 'Unable to read complete data stream from PXE engine', '[_coro.pyx coro._coro._wrap1 (coro/_coro.c:8500)|757] [egg/postx.py watchdog|415] [egg/postx.py shutdown_and_recycle|100] [_coro.pyx coro._coro.sched.with_timeout (coro/_coro.c:11760)|1099] [egg/pxremote.py stop|4806] [egg/pxremote.py __init__|4828] [egg/pxremote.py __init__|2871] [egg/pxremote.py readStart|1515] [egg/pxremote.py get|1492]')

Version: 9.1.0-032

Usually we see this when a sender tries to pass a larger message than is allowed through the ESA and associated CRES/PXE settings.  If you review the maximum size to encrypt via Security Services > Cisco IronPort Email Encryption, you'll find the max size.  More than likley, if you looked @ the mail_logs for the time period the error was issued, you'd be able to see mail sizes.

Look for the "MID XXYYZZ ready 25650724 bytes" to determine size of mail messages.

If this was a one time alert, would be safe to ignore.

-Robert