Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Security Retrieving PAKs/Licenses in Portal

awinfree@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have a partner that is having issues with retrieving PAKs/licenses for their client. I have provided his email below:

"I am the tech that applies the Cisco ESA licenses to two C190 ESA appliances and one C100V ESVA appliance. I would like to have someone explain the PAKs/license retrieval process to me. I have been through it 3 times and it is a nightmare each time and I have to open support tickets to complete the process.

I would like to begin with a review of my account on the license portal. Is it correct? Does it need tweaking? Each year, I am unable to retrieve licenses from the portal. Usually, I end up with tech support assisting me. When I get the licenses, they may be in a zip file or not. I may be able to ‘Check for new keys’ from the ESA GUI interface and get the keys. Sometimes, I am able to copy and paste the feature keys into the ESA GUI interface. Sometimes, I have to copy and paste the contents of a xml file into a putty session of the appliance. It never seems to be the same and is very frustrating.

I need someone to explain how I get this messed up every year and help me improve this process. Can you assist? Thanks"

Can someone help me assist this partner without creating a new case.

1 Reply 1

The hardware is done automatically based on its serial number.

You should get an email with the feature keys, but if you go to System Administration/Feature Keys, you can click on Update and it will get them.

There's a site that is supposed to work for the VMS, and it does, if the licenses were all bought together, but I usually have to open a ticket with Global Licensing Operations (licensing@cisco.com) , tell them you want a virtual license matching the license on the hardware box, and give them that serial number...

I usually get the license file back in less than 24 hrs...

Ken