Views
Helpful
Replies

Email Size Modification

ccg-security
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Support,

Can ESA changes/modify the email size from default email size of 10MB per email will be changes to 11MB+ or more?  I tried to changes/modify the email size under the outgoing mail policy from default of 10MB to 25MB and 30MB, and changes the mail size on the email server, but the result was denied and block by the ESA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/117972-technote-esa-00.html

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. Under Mail Policies/Mail Flow Policies

Select the listener you’re using for outbound mail, then modify the policy(s) that allows mail to be relayed.   Basically just like what you posted but for the outgoing listener.

relaypolicy.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Yes. Under Mail Policies/Mail Flow Policies

Select the listener you’re using for outbound mail, then modify the policy(s) that allows mail to be relayed.   Basically just like what you posted but for the outgoing listener.

relaypolicy.PNG

Hi,

I've attached the NDR of the user received the message limit size.

Thanks!

The NDR was sent to gmail.com so this may be an incoming email that was rejected.

You would need to review the mail_logs for the email that was rejected to determine which HAT sendergroup and mail flow policy matched and modify it as per steps Ken shared earlier.

Regards,

Libin Varghese

Hi Libin,

Based on the email header on NDR. It's comming from outgoing to GMAIL.com. The ironport bounce the message which indicates the header. I've attached the configuration for your review.

Thanks!

Hi again,

I've attached our configuration for your review also.

Thanks!