cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA message tracking export doesn't include attachment names

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

When I do a query in message tracking I can see attachment names in the results page and in the details page but when I export it doesn't include them. I need a CSV report with attachment names and don't have time to manually copy and paste hundreds of names.

Is this by design and is there a way around it?

4 Replies 4

ardiii_890
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dkorell,

I have the same problem, have you found any solution so far?

Can you choose the fields to export?

No - the results fields are set and not editable.  We have a feature request to have attachments and attachment size included in the results page, and to be included then in the .CSV:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur51010

Symptom:
Attachment details are not available with the Results output of Message Tracking. Customer does not want to go into the individual Show Details pop-ups to view attachment information.

Conditions:
Exporting Message Tracking results and attachment details(size and names) will not be provided.

Workaround:
N/A - There is currently no way to gather attachment filenames without looking at specific messages' details. For them looking at the specific events means that doing an audit is a big use of time.

-Robert

Thanks Robert for the update. Is there anyway to track the number of people requesting this enhancement so it can maybe get more visibility? When reporting on user activity this is really important as it can tell us if something suspicious is going on with users.

Currently - no, it is not releasable information.  The best solution is to add yourself in to watching the defect/ENH with "Save Bug".  You can open a support request and have it specifically tied in for your company and appliance serial/version.

-Robert