Views
Helpful
Replies

false positive Consolidated Sender Reputation poor

daniel.werner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community, 

the consolidated SDR of some of our suppliers are rated poor with Category Spam. I can't see any reason why this is happening.  

SPF, DKIM and DMARC all Pass

Youngest Domain Age is usually way over an year 

Talos Web and Email Reputation is between Unknown and good

The only common thing is that all mails are sent by external mail providers with sending domains such as @.rsgsv.net, @.mcdlv.net, @.privateemail.com. But sbrs of those servers is a positive score, reputation is good, no blacklisting etc.

The only way I was able to receive those emails was by adding the whole sending server domain to my Address List. Which means that real Spam isn't recognised by SDR anymore for those senders.

Can anyone explain to me why, despite of good reputations of all componetns, the consolidated SDR for the sender Domain is rated poor and what measures I or the sender has to take to fix this?

Kind regards

Daniel

1 Reply 1

Youll probaly have to open a reputation dispute at Talosintelligence.com.

You can put the suppiler email domain(not the mailer) in to an addres list and use that list as an exception for just SDR, and still get spam detection.

When it was first released they shipped with a default of blocking poor and and awful... they've since moved tonl just blocking awful, which means that the line between nhem is probably not very well defined...