Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Upgrade Checklist

msalhauddin8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello IT guru's

Currently are planning to upgrade our IronPort c350 v5.5.1-011 - to the latest version .. we have two appliance Active-Active .. would you kindly let me know what is the best pratictis in performing the upgrade, would anyone tell me what are the precautions i need to take ? is there any standard checklist ?

Since i am new to IronPort - appricaiate for your open assistnace :-)

5 Replies 5

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

There is an upgrade path in the release notes documentation.

The best is to do one machine first and if everything is oke do the other.

Peter.

Thanks for your response..

Would you kindly send me some glipmse or resource ?

I do not know exactly what you need but here are the steps from the release notes:

Step 1 Save the XML configuration file off the IronPort appliance.
Step 2 If you are using the Safelist/Blocklist feature, export the Safelist/Blocklist database off the IronPort appliance.
Step 3 Suspend all listeners.
Step 4 Wait for the queue to empty.
Step 5 From the System Administration tab, select the System Upgrade page.
Step 6 Click the Available Upgrades button. The page refreshes with a list of available AsyncOS upgrade versions.
Step 7 Click the Begin Upgrade button and your upgrade will begin. Answer the questions as they appear.
Step 8 When the upgrade is complete, click the Reboot Now button to reboot your IronPort appliance.
Step 9 Resume all listeners.

Peter.

Great..

Would you kindly illustratre more on Step:4 .. how can i check in the GUI ?

Finally I checked on internet that the best approuch doing the upgrade is thorugh CLI rather than GUI - since in CLI it gives you the status of the proceeding where as in GUI it doesnt-- what's your recommendation :-)

through CLI the cmd is "upgrade"

I think the GUI is also displaying some status info !

On the System Overview page you can see the System status and the number of messages in Work Queue.

Keep in mind that maybe you have to do some more upgrades on one machine (it is not always possible to go direct to the wanted version)

Peter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: