Views
Helpful
Replies

how to append email that leaves the organization with a caution Message

amahmud01
Level 1
Level 1

I want to append in an email a message same like below

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

is it possible this to configure the same  in iron port version 10.0.2-020

thanks for your support in advance.

3 Replies 3

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can certainly add text resources with the disclaimer content and add them as a header or footer to emails using content filters.

Below article has examples on how to accomplish this for specific domains, removing the condition in the filter should apply it to all emails.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118489-technote-esa-00.html

Regards,

Libin Varghese

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

I think what you want to do is to add a header with a warning.

You will need at least two things, optionally a third one :

a) a header message with your text, in html if you insist on the border or to make it look more nice

b) a message/content filter to skip insertion of the header for some ics and smime messages to not break them

c) a message/content filter to insert the header for all messages which are not :

- your own domain (internal)

- not whitelisted

I hope that helps.

For your reference I provide a sample combining (b and c) we use dedicated inbound and outbound interfaces.

CLITagExternalHeaderv4: if recv-listener == "InboundInterface" {
if NOT (header("X-IronPort-Filter") == "CLITagExternalHeader") {
if (NOT (attachment-filename == "smime.p7s")) OR (attachment-filename == "smime.p7m") {
if NOT (mail-from-dictionary-match("WhiteListExternalTagging", 1)) {
if NOT (mail-from-dictionary-match("WhiteListOwnGroupDomains", 1)) {
insert-header("X-IronPort-Filter", "CLITagExternalHeader");
log-entry("CLITagExternalHeader");
add-heading("External_Warning");
}
}
}
}
}

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey amahmud01,

Just to throw this option in there as well.

You can add a disclaimer at the listener level to stamp all emails (with the heading(top) or bottom(footer)). This applies to 'all' email matching that listener.

Works well if you are running a 2 listener setup and wanted to apply it globally depending on circumstance.

(the downside is... you can't run a skip rule like you can with message/content filters).

Regards,

Matthew 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: