Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration of CES with Forcepoint proxy

sv7
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

is it any way to integrate force point proxy with CES ?. Please share the documentation and prequiste if anyone have

7 Replies 7

What sort of integration are you looking for?

for all sort of purposes which Cisco WSA can do. Like Url rewrite, analysis, modification and file reputation & analysis

The url rewrite is on the ESA itself. File reputation/file analysis is provided by the AMP cloud or (on prem box).

WSA isn't involved at all.

There aren't any integrations between the ESA and any web proxy, except to make the ESA use the proxy to get to the internet.

HI Ken,

Please find below link which says for url rewriting, redirecting or filtering traffic is diverted to Cisco web security proxy. Please correct me if i'm wrong

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa12-0/user_guide/b_ESA_Admin_Guide_12_0/b_ESA_Admin_Guide_chapter_01110.html#con_1164192

The rewriting is done on the ESA, the new url refers the link to a Cisco proxy.

And you can't change what proxy it sends it to.

Thank you for your reply. So would i need cisco proxy for task (link which I have pasted before) i have to achieve?

You don't have to buy that.. they just include it for free. That way your mobile users are still protected, no matter how you do web security on your network.