Helpful
Replies

IronPort (Email) Encryption

rockbd
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I am start using ironport recently.

But found out that it only eble to communicate via 25. It is a none encrypted connection. Can i use encrypted connect between Exchange (my mail server) and ironport?

My 2nd question is if i use ironport encryption then i think the mail will be send encrypt to receiver server but how it will decrypt the mail? As it is encrypted by my IronPort?

Waiting for a solution.

3 Replies 3

Thanks for the reply and those two documents.

My Exchange and Ironport both are on premises.

If i configure like you have provided documents then how the key will be exchange to other server (like gmail). If the key is not exchage then how the gmail server will open my message.

Hello,

What you're wanting to setup would be TLS communication between the ESA and your on-prem Exchange server(s). You can review the previously mentioned user guide for how to enable TLS, or you can also take a look at the article below that provides additional steps. You can search separately for how to enable it on Exchange for your Send/Receive connectors.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118844-technote-esa-00.html

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: