Views
Helpful
Replies

M650 to M670 migration

schwager
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we use HWA refresh to renew our hardware.

old hardware:

1 x M650

new hardware:

1 x M670

Version on both appliances = v7.9.0-107

The old hardware manage 2 x C150 mail security and 2 x S650 web security appliances.

Is there a description how to migrate from th old hardware to the new one?

What i did, same steps i found in the manual for hardware upgrades

backupconfig --> scheduled --> 3 --> suspendtransfers and os on

I saved the config file from the M650 (password unmasked), and load it in to the M670 --> FAILED

Configuration file was not loaded. Parse Error on element  "ethernet_settings" line number 70 column 22 with value "Data 3":  Ethernet interface Data 3 not configured.

The old appliance has no data 3 interface, only management, data1 and 2. I added a interface daata 3 to the config file.

The new message is now:

Configuration file was not loaded.  Parse Error on element "appliance_config" line number 15864 column 53:  Parse Error on element "wbrs_command_manager_categories_version" line  number 8992 column 46 with value "6": Cannot import config based on a  newer version of the predefined categories.

Should i remove the managed appliances before i migrate (2 x C150 email and 2 S650 web)?

regards

hermann

3 Replies 3

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Hermann,

the reason for the load failure is in fact the Data 3 interface of the M670 appliance. You can either remove the etherconfig settings in the configuration file you are about to load (complete section please) or add a third interface to it with a dummy MAC address (the MAC address in the configuration file is for informational purpose only, changing it will not chnage the MAC address of the hardware).

If your require help on this, please feel free to open a support case with us, so that we can assist you on this.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Hi,

i copy the interface section from the M670 configuration file to the M650 file. Now i can load the M650 file without any error massages.

The new problem: i get an authentication failure message in my web browser (IE) when i try to open an old spam notification mail.

Any ideas?

Thanks for help.

Hermann

I found the failure. The authentication string changes after the migration. Only links in new spam notifications can be opend.

example.

http://host.domain/Search?h=8d392bb51780c3f7ebe0fa388eb9db2a&email=username@domain.com