Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message filter x-sender return-path different

Is there a way to create a message filter that tags an incoming e-mail message to an ESA if for example the x-sender and return-path don't match? I would like to insert a header in those messages that I can catch with a content filter to insert a header in the body.

I have tried to figure it out myself, but I cannot get it to work. Please help.

Regards

Michael

2 Replies 2

Wrooby
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Have you considered using action variables in your message filter? You may be able to use to the "$Header" variable to get the content of those headers, and the use a Not Equal To (!=) comparison to determine if the reply-to field is off.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa11-1/user_guide/b_ESA_Admin_Guide_11_1/b_ESA_Admin_Guide_chapter_01000.html#con_1137945

However this may not produce the results you're expecting as many marketing services often have mis-matched From and Reply-To headers.

What is the problem you're trying to solve for?

---Cheers!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I will try your suggestion and I am aware of the problems you're mentioning. It is a request from a customer that have had som problems with fishing mails. I've tries to talk them out of it and told them I didn't know how to do this, but they persist and I promised to ask around and try come up with something for them to test.

Regards

Michael