Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate Config File From C350 to C370

Steven Allison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently upgrading our C350 appliance to C370s. What I'd like to find out is can we export the configurations file from the C350 (with all the settings intact) and restore it on the C370 appliance.

I am assuming the IP/Host name will have to remain the same and that we will need to ensure the Async OS version is the same on both devices.

Is this possible? Anyone have any experience doing this?

Thanks,

Steve

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I've done it, but its been a while.

They don't have to be the same IP/name (you can edit the XML file), but you do want them on the same version.

Export from the old one, and get the XML file locally (download it via FTP, or email it to yourself, with passwords unmasked)

Look at the XML file and edit out the Network section (I use Notepad++ as it can do syntax highlighting)

FTP the XML file to the new box, then load it. (The last time I did it, it didn't want to upload from my desktop...

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

I just did mine today.  I exported the config from the C350 and when I imported, it gave me errors.  Basically, the C370 has an extra data port, and the C350 config file needs that information added in before you can update.

There were only two sections that needed the Data 3 added, and I also updated the MAC addresses to match the C370 cards before I imported the config file. 

I hope that makes sense.

Confirming that this is the approach I used when I did a C350-C370 migration.

I would save the current C370 config and compare it to your running C350 config. As Jeremy says, you need to add the extra interface, but that should be all.

4 Replies 4

I've done it, but its been a while.

They don't have to be the same IP/name (you can edit the XML file), but you do want them on the same version.

Export from the old one, and get the XML file locally (download it via FTP, or email it to yourself, with passwords unmasked)

Look at the XML file and edit out the Network section (I use Notepad++ as it can do syntax highlighting)

FTP the XML file to the new box, then load it. (The last time I did it, it didn't want to upload from my desktop...

Hope that helps.

I just did mine today.  I exported the config from the C350 and when I imported, it gave me errors.  Basically, the C370 has an extra data port, and the C350 config file needs that information added in before you can update.

There were only two sections that needed the Data 3 added, and I also updated the MAC addresses to match the C370 cards before I imported the config file. 

I hope that makes sense.

Confirming that this is the approach I used when I did a C350-C370 migration.

I would save the current C370 config and compare it to your running C350 config. As Jeremy says, you need to add the extra interface, but that should be all.

Steven Allison
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to everyone for the help the migration went really well in fact none of our clients even knew it happend and we cut over to the new hardware at lunch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: