cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Feature Keys

carolynwall
Level 1
Level 1

This morning I had to apply new licenses to our virtual ESAs.  The licenses which I was sent only included the Incoming Mail Handling feature key.  I didnt realize this until after it was applied.  For roughly an hour today, both our inbound and outbound ESA only had the one feature key.  Previously we had all the keys listed below.  What was the repercussion of this?  I have had a few reports of outside senders getting various NDR reports stating the emails did not meet a system policy and were rejected.  During this time, were we also not doing anti-virus, anti-spam or encryption?  Please let me know because I am going to have to provide an outage summary to my boss of what took place during the hour we only had the Incoming Mail Handling feature key.  

Outbreak Filters
IronPort Anti-Spam
Sophos Anti-Virus
Incoming Mail Handling
IronPort Email Encryption
RSA Email Data Loss Prevention
Bounce Verification
3 Replies 3

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With the feature keys not present for the services, those services would not have functioned at all.  There would be no anti-spam scanning, no anti-virus scanning, etc.  As long as you received either an updated XML with all features as needed, these should have returned to functionality once that license would have been loaded from loadlicense on the CLI.  I would re-step through each of the features for the services you have licensed and assure that you double-check the EULA acceptance and that everything is in working order.

If you have any trouble, feel free to respond, or if a deeper dive is needed - please open a support case.

-Robert

Hello

just to inform that we had similar issue with brand new C190 using the license portal : generated licenses were missing incoming mail handling feature key

We opened a GLO tac case and it was sent correctly

regards,

Guillaume

Philipp Klockow
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same problem after initiating our ESA C390, all keys are verified which we imported manuelly. But only incoming mail and bounce verification has no valid feature key.

We had fixed it, after http and https was successfully acceble via Firewall from ESA to Internet.