Helpful
Replies

Move Ironport cluster C160 to a new subnet

RotomailItalia
Level 1
Level 1

Good day to all, Sirs,

I know I'm asking about an old product

Anyway, we need to move the cluster from a subnet to a new one: have you got any suggestions?

Kind regards

alessandro vailati

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For what it's worth, your machines will keep running even if they're not clustered, so it's just a lot of work, not much interruption. You could also do it by running two parallel clusters - remove one node, reconfigure, create cluster. Remove 2nd node, reconfigure, join in the cluster with the first reconfigured, and so on, until you have moved them all. Good luck! :)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hrvoje (Harry) Dogan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alessandro,

If the appliances in the cluster are communicating using hostnames, then just update the DNS entries to new IP addresses. If they're using IP addresses to communicate, then unfortunately you need to rebuild your cluster - remove each machine from the cluster, and rejoin it.

Hope that helps!

It looks I have to destroy my cluster... :-(

so,

1st of all, I have to remove each node from the cluster

then reconfigure each server

finally rebuild a new cluster...

ok, so I have to try

Many thanks Harry!

For what it's worth, your machines will keep running even if they're not clustered, so it's just a lot of work, not much interruption. You could also do it by running two parallel clusters - remove one node, reconfigure, create cluster. Remove 2nd node, reconfigure, join in the cluster with the first reconfigured, and so on, until you have moved them all. Good luck! :)

Yes, I am going to use this solution, working only with one node and maintain 2 cluster for a while, just for the new config

alessandro

Hi Harry

the new cluster works perfectly, many thanks

only one question: I'm trying to move the cluster interface to the Outgoing interfaces:

Clusterconfig -> communication  -> edit -> ....

...BUT I don't find how to save and update the modification!

I can't commit it and escaping from clusterconfig area I lose the update..

ciao

alessandro

Hey Alessandro,

Can you send the screenshots of what exactly happens when you configure it?

Hi Harry,

here you have in attach OLD.jpg where you can see above "changes not recorded" cause I didn't commit the new communication configuration and the system reverted to the ip 192.168.255.7-192.168.255.17

In the file NEW.jpg I prepared the system using the new interfaces: Outgoing instead of Incoming and the ip 192.168.255.8-192.168.255.18

I hope it could be clear..

ciao

alessandro

Hi Harry,

I'm so sorry if you wasted time for me..

I had only to escape from the command area and then, in the clusterconfig, execute commit command

many thanks for you help & time