cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New senderbase website

exMSW4319
Level 3
Level 3

Toto, I don't think we're in Frisco [Kansas] any more.

Did I miss an announcement? senderbase.org now redirects to https://talosintelligence.com with the tools we all know and love appearing in the Reputation section; I've yet to grub around the rest to see what's new.

My first impressions weren't positive as I was viewing using a 1280x800 screen and Talos page layouts tend to be heavy on screen area. Viewed at 1920x1080 it's rather more palatable.

However, a question is in order: is this change purely cosmetic, or are there any underlying changes or improvements that we should be aware of?

As always, my compliments to the Cisco team for running Senderbase, and don't let the Madison Avenue types compromise your service.

25 Replies 25

Thank you.

I have a developer working on this right now.

Thank you again!

Please keep the feedback coming.  Constant improvement is my goal

Hi,

Features and functionality aside, even though we use an Ironport C170 as our gateway, and on the new Talos website our IP Address's Reputation is displayed as "Good", with Spam Reported displayed as "No", it nevertheless shows:

WEIGHTED REPUTATION SCORE -3.55

This may or may not be responsible for some of our emails now being rejected, but on senderbase.org it always showed as positive, so has something happened during the migration?

Perhaps other Cisco customers need to check whether their Reputation score has changed now?

Thanks,

Brian Foster

ICT Manager

Epsom Girls Grammar School

Joel Esler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That score is neutral.  Our email security appliances don't block until the score is -6.0

My copies of Asyncos aren't up to date, but the Online Help page shows the default Blacklist cutting in at -4.0 SBRS. I certainly haven't run it that low for years and all of my HAT boundaries are adjusted upward. [1] If SBRS is being redefined, I would think that many of us would appreciate a warning.

To answer Mr Foster's question, yes, I'd recently noticed that our own rating had gone to zero and I'm sure that we used to have a reasonably positive SBRS. As the figure is exactly zero and our outflow hasn't significantly changed, I did wonder if the scope of Senderbase was being reduced.

1. usual warning to new Asyncos operators - I am running a relatively small and heavily managed mail service. What works for me may not be right for you. Get a good picture of your inbound flow before adjusting things like HAT boundaries.

Interesting.  Not sure where that help page is...  but, that being said..  we design the default cut off at -6.0.

We will be adding more information to the pages on Talosintelligence.com to explain what these scores mean.

To update my previous posting I've re-checked my own reputation figures with Talos Intelligence. I've got a "Good" e-mail rating, a "Neutral" web rating and a Weighted Reputation Score also of -3.55; quite how that adds up is a mystery to me.

Looks like your email rating for any email systems on your network are positive, -3.55 is Neutral, so hence why you have a Neutral web rating.  

Joel Esler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The change is not purely cosmetic.  It's a full rewrite of all functionality.  Yes, we are aware there are some things missing (documented otherwise in this thread).