cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not receiving NDR message to a specific domain

Chris201
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, may I know how can I create a filter to allow emails with empty senders from a certain domain to receive NDR? I think the reason why I'm not receiving the NDR is because of the sender being blank/null

Ex. I sent a test message going to "cynthia@abc.com.ph" from the "ram@xyz.com" account but no NDR was received and as checked on the logs it was blocked/aborted.

1 Reply 1

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depends on what's blocking those NDR(s). Do you have any supporting logs/tracking as an insight. One of the behaviours thats known to us is with Auto reply from Microsoft/O365 when bounce verification is enabled.

For e.g. when an email sent from ram@xyz.com" processed by an  ESA which bounce verification enabled results in a prvs tag addition to envelope sender. When the recipient is out of office, the exchange server doesn't respond to the "return-path" address (which has the prvs tag) rather uses "from" address. Since these OOO originates from null/empty senders, ESA classifies them as bounce, drops them since the recipient address doesn't contain the prvs tag.