Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing content filter blocks the mail instead of specific recipients

Hi,

I have a specific outgoing content applied for all my users which is basically quarantining emails sent to public domains like gmail, yahoomail, Hotmail etc. What I have noticed is that when someone sends an email to multiple recipients say abc@cisco.com, abc@yahoo.com,abc@gmail.com the whole email gets quarantined and the email to cisco.com is not delivered. We need the email to be delivered to Cisco.com but should be be blocked for gmail.com and yahoo.com.

Kindly advise.

BR

1 Reply 1

It looks like younare using a content filter on the default outbound mail policy.
That applies to the whole mail, before it is split to be sent out.

Create a new outgoing content filter, with whatever action you need (quarantine) but no criteria.

Then create a new outgoing mail policy, qbove the default, where the recipients are the domains you want mail quarantined for. Set its content filters to be the new one you just created.

The mail will be split when it hits the policy engine. This is called "splintering" and also works the same way for inbound mail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: