Views
Helpful
Replies

Password reset or factory defaults reset

cobaltgroupbvba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I recently bought a ironport C350 on ebay, but after receiving the unit, it turns out there is still a password present on the box and I'm unable to login.

How do I reset this password or fully reset the box to factory defaults ?

Ironport/Cisco support refuses to help me because there is no support contract on this device.

When I ask for a support contract, they refuse that too, and say that the product is going end of life by the end of this year, and thus don't want to help me anymore at all.

So far for service ...

So how do I solve my problem now ?

2 Replies 2

Default login is login is "admin" password is "ironport"

If they set it to defaults... Otherwise call your seller...

Its running a Linux variant, so it can't be reset like the switches, routers, etc...

You really should have looked here first...http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cisco+ironport+c350+eol

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daan,

sorry to hear that you are unable to access the box, the reason why support can't help you with that is that all Cisco  IronPort boxes are bundled with a support contract, and as this model is end of life, you cannot get support for it as well. So as Ken pointed out already, please contact the seller, if this box was sold on Ebay as a working IronPort appliance and not just as server hardware, you'd request a return and your money back, as this appliance won't be of any use that you expected.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: