cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Protected Attachment problem

phyxoz
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a content filter not firing. The content filter is configured with the condition "attachment-protected" and the action to "Change Recipient to" (a test email address). A similiar content filter successfully scans unprotected attachments and fires on content in a custom dictionary without issue.

These documents are password protected on open, not modify (I'm just using MS word with password protection) and some are encrypted with PGP,  .gpg. The emails with these protected attachments simply pass through the IronPort box and get delivered without being detected as protected documents.

My intent is to redirect all any emails that have an attachment i can't scan for content.

Any help would be great.

1 Reply 1

exMSW4319
Level 3
Level 3

If your appliance implements one of the anti-virus options, why not try the Encrypted Messages settings? There are some tasty options in the Advanced drop-down that might do what you want.

Some might say that if your AV has not been able to check the attachment then it should be viewed primarily as an AV risk anyway.