Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Server being rejected on mail deliver

Hi,

i've tried to find a solution for this problem everywhere but i couldn't, so this is my last hope.
I'm a server admin and i have several clients hosted at my server, its a cpanel server, very common, one of my clients is trying to send messages to a domain using ironport cloud mail security system, but the messages keep being rejected.

The error from the log:

host mx1.hc4378-94.iphmx.com [68.232.140.15]

SMTP error from remote mail server after DATA:

550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this e-mail system has been rejected.

I even tried to contact CISCO with no lucky... 
The server's IP Address is not listed on any blacklists, i've used the Cisco Talos to check for the domain/ip reputation also, and its Good.

So i cannot understand why the system would block legitimate mail from our server.. 

Thanks

3 Replies 3

shane.dollery
Level 1
Level 1
Hi MateusVieira6740,
It sounds like the Sender IP is listed on a manual BLACKLIST by the recipient. If the recipients run Ironports then the sender IP is listed on the recipient's Public Listener BLACKLIST.

Regards,

Shane.

Hi Shane, thanks for the answer.

To make sure i did understood what you said, this Blacklist is managed by the recipient running the Ironports, right.

Thanks for your help, again.

Hi Mateus,
Yes, that's correct.
Regards,

Shane
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: