cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple "cluster" setup

chmeehan0421
Level 1
Level 1

I am reviewing the requirements to setup a centralized management environment and was looking for some guidance on two things so far....

1. If I have a standalone c360 running right now processing mail and I create a new cluster, I realize it will use the standalone settings as the cluster level

settings as it is the first box in the cluster, but will it require me to restart the appliance before I can join a second box to the cluster?

2. At this point if I only have two devices in a single datacenter, is it mandatory or a best practice for me to both the cluster level and the group level?

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies 2

chmeehan0421
Level 1
Level 1

FYI.... The first part to my question was answered by support. They stated that creating a new cluster does NOT require a restart.

Rehan Latif
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris,

For the first question, You do not need to restart any of the appliances.

For the second one, with only two appliances in the setup, I would recommend using cluster level settings only. The group will be helpful if you require to have multiple sets of appliances with different configuration for each set.

Hope this will be helpful.

Rehan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: