Views
Helpful
Replies

spam notification without a link to the ISQ

daro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Libin,

we want to send our users a daily/weekly notification about their mails that were classified as spam, but we do not want that the user is able to release it. There should just be a simple list with the mails but the user should still call internal IT to release it.

there is currently just a message variable with the link to the ISQ, but I cannot find a way to remove that.

I suppose changing the code behind the variable %new_qurantine_messages% is also not possible.

what I could do is to enable the spam notification, but disable the actual access to the ISQ. This would leave the notification with a dead link and would also confuse the end-user unnecessary.

do you know any other way?

thanks!
cheers

Daniell

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Daniel,

The ISQ notification at this point does not have much room for customization apart from the available options that you already saw.

I do see multiple internal feature requests were filed to control what columns are displayed in the ISQ notification, however it never made progress due to lack of customer requests.

The only workaround I can think of would be to generate notifications through content filters instead of the default ISQ notification. However, these would be generated for each instance of spam email and not a consolidated notification daily/weekly.

I agree removing login access to the ISQ would end up confusing the end users.

Thank You!

Libin Varghese

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Daniel,

The ISQ notification at this point does not have much room for customization apart from the available options that you already saw.

I do see multiple internal feature requests were filed to control what columns are displayed in the ISQ notification, however it never made progress due to lack of customer requests.

The only workaround I can think of would be to generate notifications through content filters instead of the default ISQ notification. However, these would be generated for each instance of spam email and not a consolidated notification daily/weekly.

I agree removing login access to the ISQ would end up confusing the end users.

Thank You!

Libin Varghese