cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specify mail policy sender with BATV

weili1991
Level 1
Level 1

I have encountered a problem where user requires a specific mail policy from a sender 'test@example.com', but because example.com uses BATV, the envelope sender coming in is 'prvs=xxxxxx=test@example.com' instead and is not caught by the mail policy.

I know that there are workarounds, such as specifying sender as '@example.com' instead, or using message filters regex.

However, is there any way to specify a user in mail policy like '*test@example.com' so that it can catch BATV addresses? 

1 Reply 1

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hey Weili,

Bounce verification address tagging shouldn't occur until the delivery time and when a reply is sent back in, so i assume this is another domain which has ESA Bounce Verification tagging sending to your device, so you're seeing prvs=xxxx=?

If that's the case, the only alternatively i can suggest is to have your mail policy match against domain.
Then with a content filter to match it with 'envelope sender' contains(or ends with) -> address@domain.com

From some review, we add prvs=123456789=address@domain.com on each test i've done.
so having contains rule should trigger.
It isn't ideal but that's the viable option I can see.

(Other options but it's dependent on the sending server is using the Header From / Sender header / Reply-To header as these should be left in tact).

Regards,
Mathew