cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The updater has been unable to communicate with the update server for at least 1h.

Jason Meyer
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else getting these?

I am on both my C670s and M670s.

Jason

7 Replies 7

David Stamen
Level 1
Level 1

Yes the update manifests site is currently down.

https://update-manifests.ironport.com

Hi  All,

I am also recieving the same message on one of my ironport device that

The updater has been unable to communicate with the update server for at least 1h.

Should i loch acall for tech-support or Should i wait ...

What is the timestamp of the alert?

Can you log in on the CLI - run 'avupdate force', and then 'tail updater_logs'...

watching for "Tue Jun 17 11:42:25 2014 Info: sophos beginning download of remote file "http://updates-static.ironport.com/sophos/ide/1403011801"

you should be able to then 'grep Acquired updater_logs' to see if the manifest was able to talk w/ the updater servers correctly...

Tue Jun 17 11:36:34 2014 Info: Acquired server manifest, starting update 3895
Tue Jun 17 11:41:35 2014 Info: Acquired server manifest, starting update 3896
Tue Jun 17 11:42:25 2014 Info: Acquired server manifest, starting update 3897
Tue Jun 17 11:47:25 2014 Info: Acquired server manifest, starting update 3898

Let me know what you are seeing...

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are currently having a production issue with tools that are tied to the updater servers.  We are currently working to address this.

Services that may be impacted:

• Update manifests
  • Senderbase
  • Phonehome
  • Downloads

Will update once I have further information.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Andrew Maiman
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, we are seeing the same issue.  I sent a support ticket in to TAC.

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At this time - we have been given the all clear that the issue has been corrected on our tools servers issue that presented earlier today.  If you have outstanding notifications still being presented, as noted earlier --- "Updater has been unable to communicate with the update server for at least 1h" --- or similar, please let us know.  

-Robert

My alert messages cleared as of 2:56 PM CDT (GMT -5.0) on Monday.  At this time update processes appear to be functional.