Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vESA - How to deploy two armed setup

Hi All,

I am new in Gateway deployment. I have a vESA appliance and planned to have two armed connection. First vESA connection to DMZ and the second will be connected to internal network which will talk to Microsoft Exchange 2010.

Need you help and advise on how to configure the vESA to have a successful receiving and sending email services.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can review installation scenarios within the user guide: here.

Most customers with that type of environment will setup 2 interfaces and 2 listeners, or 2 interfaces and 1 listener. With one being tied to management/internal and the other for external/DMZ access. Just watch out for any asymmetric routing as it can cause problems.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

I'm glad that I was able to assist. :) Thanks for sharing the extra info!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can review installation scenarios within the user guide: here.

Most customers with that type of environment will setup 2 interfaces and 2 listeners, or 2 interfaces and 1 listener. With one being tied to management/internal and the other for external/DMZ access. Just watch out for any asymmetric routing as it can cause problems.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Hi Dmccabej,

Really appreciate your guide pointed to right direction :-).

BTW, what should i configure in my MS Exchange 2010 to integrate with vESA to send outbound (Gmail/Hotmail) emails?

You're very welcome! :) On the Exchange side you'll want to setup a Send Connector which points to the ESA, and then the ESA will/should have a Relay Sender Group and Mail Flow Policy tied to the traffic coming from Exchange. 

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Hi Dennis,

Appreciate your high level things need to do on Exchange and ESA.

Hope you will continue to help others like me who needed a kick-start :-)

I also would like to share these links which help me to understand further:

1. Setup IronPort to send and receive emails

https://community.cisco.com/t5/email-security/cisco-ironport-c170-exchange-server-2013/td-p/2621352

2. Create Send Connector

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/connectors/outbound-smart-host-routing

I'm glad that I was able to assist. :) Thanks for sharing the extra info!

-Dennis M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: