cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[WARNING: ATTACHMENT UNSCANNED] added to mail subject.

jawa09
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

We are running 2 ESA 690 in a cluster facing internet.

Since yesterday afternoon all mails with attachment get [WARNING: ATTACHMENT UNSCANNED] added to beginning of mail subject. We haven't changed anything. We are using AMP, I have checked from both servers CLI with telnet on port 443 and we can access theses sites which I found in the help. 

api.amp.sourcefire.com

api.eu.amp.sourcefire.com

api.apjc.amp.sourcefire.com

api.amp.cisco.com

api.eu.amp.cisco.com

api.apjc.amp.cisco.com

Do you have any clue why this has started?

I will leave for the day now so please send a mail, I will be available from 08CET tomorrow.

Regards //Jacob

1 Reply 1

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What AsynsOS version are you currently on? There was a field notice published few months ago about AMP retiring support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1. This took effect on June 28th 2022 (few days ago). Older ESA versions use TLS 1.0 or 1.1 which is now being denied by the AMP servers on cloud due to which you may seeing these errors.

Here's the field notice - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/721/fn72181.html

Fix is to upgrade the AsyncOS to latest version or you can try disabling the use "SSL" option for file reputation and ESA will default to port 32137. Ensure to permit access from ESA to TALOS server on port 32137.

Screenshot 2022-07-01 at 6.09.52 AM.png