Views
Helpful
Replies

What belongs to Invalid Recipients?

knasterlaster
Level 1
Level 1

Hello together,

I made a check of our Incoming Mail Summary and checked the numbers of the report against the mail_logs. 
On our SMA we have 9725 Messages which are "Stopped as Invalid Recipients". When I grep the mail_logs with "Rejected by" I just get back 4345 messages. There is a difference of 9725 - 4345 = 5380 mails. 

After analysis of mail_logs, Rejected by LDAPACCEPT & Rejected by Receiving Control belong to Invalid Recipients. Are there more strong to search for, to reach all the messages which are part of "Stopped as Invalid Recipients"?

Thank in advice
Torsten

1 Reply 1

UdupiKrishna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The reporting database on the SMA is different when compared to mail logs. Meaning mail_logs rotate either based on size of the each file or based on time. There are chances that mail_logs do not contain the complete data due to which you may be seeing the differences.

From - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa11-0/user_guide_fs/b_ESA_Admin_Guide_11_0/b_ESA_Admin_Guide_chapter_011100.html

• Invalid Recipients: All recipients rejected by conversational LDAP rejection plus all RAT rejections.