cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When will Cisco C100V be end-of-support?

Predator44
Level 1
Level 1

As the title of this question already says, when will the support for the Cisco C100V virtual appliance end? Is there a webpage that will show me till what date it will be supported or some document? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Functionally: never... maybe when they stop supporting the product.

As of right now, you can upgrade it forever, with one caveat: if the root/nextroot partitions are small (400meg) you will need to deploy a new VM to go to 14.2 or higher. I will track down a bug number in a bit...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Functionally: never... maybe when they stop supporting the product.

As of right now, you can upgrade it forever, with one caveat: if the root/nextroot partitions are small (400meg) you will need to deploy a new VM to go to 14.2 or higher. I will track down a bug number in a bit...

Hello,

Here's the Bug/FN that Ken is referring to concerning the smaller nextroot partition size.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/722/fn72230.html

As mentioned, there are currently no plans to drop support for the C100V. Though, with that being said, I would highly recommend running with the C300V/C600V for production email traffic as long as you have the VM resources available. With load, the C100V is known to run into performance drops. 

Thanks!

-Dennis M.