cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where does the Outlook plug-in report spam from?

RSteveKadish
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have read on this forum that the Cisco IronPort Outlook plug-in sends reported spam directly to https://ipas-complaints.ironport.com/.  Does anyone know if this connection is made from the workstation, or from the Exchange server?  I will need to have our proxy server rules adjusted to allow this connection.

Also, when I report spam now, I get a message from Outlook saying that it has been reported successfully.  I doubt this, though, because I think our proxy server wouldn't be allowing the connection.

Thanks very much,

- Steve

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Steve,

the connection will be directly  from the workstation via HTTPS to the server you mentioned above, no mail is send via the Exchange or Lotus Notes server.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

View solution in original post

This is only true for the older (1.x) versions of the plugin. Newer versions attach the message being reported to a new message and send that to IronPort via Outlook (or Notes if using Lotus Notes), so as long as email can get out, the report should get out.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Steve,

the connection will be directly  from the workstation via HTTPS to the server you mentioned above, no mail is send via the Exchange or Lotus Notes server.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Thank you, Andreas!

- Steve

This is only true for the older (1.x) versions of the plugin. Newer versions attach the message being reported to a new message and send that to IronPort via Outlook (or Notes if using Lotus Notes), so as long as email can get out, the report should get out.

Hi Brian,

Thanks, good to know.  After reading your post, I actually took a look at our email gateway and I see the messages there, going to outlook_phish@access.ironport.com, with the subject "Cisco Email Security Plug-in Report."

- Steve