cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP Connector not appearing in console.

ToucanzooX
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed AMP on several machines in various modes like protect, triage etc.  I install on my Mac and it doesn’t appear in the console.  I have re-installed several times but it never appears.  The only machine i actually want it to work on doesn’t work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for that guide Matt as I was reading through it further I found the uninstallation section.  When I had previously uninstalled there are a couple of folders not uninstalled that were causing the issue.  Uninstall, script run to remove folders - reboot - install - working.

This has been bugging me for week, whilst not directly you have helped alot.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

brmcmaho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
A few basic things to check:

Note the locations listed in online help (Contents > AMP for Endpoints Mac Connector > Firewall Connectivity) and make sure they're not being blocked.

Is the endpoint passing through a proxy on its way out? If so, make sure the proxy is configured in the AMP policy.

Also ensure that, if there is a proxy in place, it is *NOT* doing TLS intercept. TLS intercept breaks the two-way trust between the connector and the AMP cloud.

If none of those steps point to a quick answer, then the best way to proceed is to open a support case.

I have explored these avenues already.  I do have several other devices including the same mac with.a VM running on it and they all work fine.  Just the MAC os itself that will not play ball.  I have another mac device in the house and this works fine so I don't think it is the OS.  Maybe something to do with Catalina perhaps?

Thanks for your assistance.

Did you grant full disk access for the AMP Connector on the Mac?

Please refer to page 121&122 of the User Guide for instructions.
https://docs.amp.cisco.com/en/A4E/AMP%20for%20Endpoints%20User%20Guide.pdf

Thanks,

Matt

Yes Matthew, I did this inline with the instructions.

I have just uninstalled and re-installed with the same results.

Screenshot 2020-05-01 at 21.44.20.png

Without seeing the logs, it is difficult to help any further.  I recommend opening a TAC case so someone can help you get this sorted out.

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks for that guide Matt as I was reading through it further I found the uninstallation section.  When I had previously uninstalled there are a couple of folders not uninstalled that were causing the issue.  Uninstall, script run to remove folders - reboot - install - working.

This has been bugging me for week, whilst not directly you have helped alot.