Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP Exclusions "Network Location"

Can a network share or a file on a network share be added to exclusions?  If so, what is the syntax?

I have an .exe on a share that I have whitelisted, but it still gets caught by AMP from time to time. (by Tetra per tech support)  They said it is a bug and to either disable Tetra or Exclude all UNC paths.  That is not a good solution for me.  I only have this issue with a couple EXE files on this one share because this one app is launched from the network share.  Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

comunicaciones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Have you find the solution?

Regards,

I have not found a solution.

Chris Staples
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same issue where AMP ignores the Exclusion I have setup for an .exe that runs from a network file share.  I have tried several variations and still have the issue.  I have Tetra disabled, we are using Symantec Endpoint Protection for our AV.  

I have tried using CSIDL_NETWORK and file path, the drive letter with file path, and the newest one I'm testing is a wildcard *\part of file path\.*exe

Please let me know if someone finds a solution.

Thank you!!

Are you using a process exclusion or a path exclusion?  If you're using a path exclusion, AMP will still monitor the execution of that process when it launches.  If the process exclusion is not successful, I recommend opening a TAC case so they can take a closer look at the logs to see what is happening with the .exe.  

Thanks,

Matt