Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP for Endpoints - Can't Delete Connectors from Console

ITandCoffee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I'm currently unable to delete connectors from the console (old, inactive, etc.). The console states the connectors have been deleted, however they are not. I have double checked my permissions to verify I'm still an admin, but I'm unsure of what else I can do.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Wojciech Cecot
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

DevOps team is aware about that and currently working on a fix, there is no official date, but tentative early this week.

-Wojciech

Any update on this as i believe it's still not available !!!

Delete connectors? Or UNINSTALL connectors.
Deleting works... but if they're still installed on the endpoint, they'll come back.

Yes so if it cannot be deleted there is no way to avoid licenses consumption specially in case of remote /home users !!!

David Janulik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

you should use API to delete ununsed connectors. However if the connector hits the cloud again, the reregister request activates the object in the DB.

Example of API delete request:

cURL Edit, then copy and paste on your terminal

curl -X DELETE \
-H 'accept: application/json' \
-H 'content-type: application/json' \
-H 'accept-encoding: identity' \
--compressed -H 'Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate' \
-u YOUR_API_CLIENT_ID \
'https://api.amp.cisco.com/v1/computers/bad2c522-3052-4d75-93a0-832d6283c299'

Source:

https://api-docs.amp.cisco.com/api_actions/details?api_action=DELETE+%2Fv1%2Fcomputers%2F%7B%3Aconnector_guid%7D&api_host=api.amp.cisco.com&api_resource=Computer&api_version=v1

Cyber security escalation engineer

Deleting from the console isn't the real problem.
The lack of uninstall/permanently remove from the console is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: