Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP Service has stopped after 7.2.7 Connector Upgrade

We recently Upgraded AMP connector for endpoints from 6.2.9 to 7.2.7, After the upgrade one of the servers has the AMP service in Stopped state. When we try to start the service it is not starting and we are receiving Error 1053. How do we fix this? Can someone help on this.

5 Replies 5

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you completed the required reboot for an upgrade from 6.x to 7.x?

Thanks,

Matt

Yes we did the reboot, however service is not starting and it is throwing Error 1053 when we attempt to start the service.

I recommend opening a TAC case so they can look at the logs.  If you can, put the connector into debug mode and then try to start the service and generate a diagnostic file.  

> net helpmsg 1053

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello @pavankumar.kakarla,

if the issue is seen on a single server, i would suggest to do a full reinstall of the AMP connector. If the issue is shown on many servers, i would suggest opening a TAC case, so support can take a deeper look into the system state.

Greetings,

Thorsten 

Upgrades from 6.x to 7.x require a reboot...

After 7.1.5(?) they number of reboots required drops...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: