Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AMP 6.1.9.10827

Chris Staples
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I noticed AMP came out with a Windows connector version of 6.1.9.10827 around Dec. 21st.  I read the release notes for this version and it doesn't mention anything about 6.2.x versions.  I don't understand why this one was released when AMP has Windows connector versions of 6.2.1 and 6.2.3.  Can someone please clarify this for me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris,

6.1.9 was released to address updates in the Exploit Prevention model that were already addressed in 6.2.3.  The 6.1.9 release was provided as it does not require a reboot for upgrades from the 6.1.x connectors while an upgrade to 6.2.x would require a reboot.  I hope that clears things up for you! 

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chris,

6.1.9 was released to address updates in the Exploit Prevention model that were already addressed in 6.2.3.  The 6.1.9 release was provided as it does not require a reboot for upgrades from the 6.1.x connectors while an upgrade to 6.2.x would require a reboot.  I hope that clears things up for you! 

Thanks,

Matt

Hello Matthew,

OK, great!!  I just wanted to make sure I didn't missed something.  Thank you for the quick response!!