cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Umbrella SIG essentials license has AnyConnect license included

adnan.shabbir
Level 1
Level 1

I am ordering Cisco Umbrella SIG Essentials License for a customer. I understood that to make use of both DNS security and SWG, I need AnyConnect for roaming computers. Question is, do I need to buy AnyConnect license separately or is it included in SIG essentials license? SIG Essentials is being bought for all laptops/roaming computers. It appears so from package comparison, though this could be just for module and not full AnyConnect.

umbrella package compare.PNG

3 Replies 3

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

The license is included. To quote the ordering guide

All DNS Security and Secure Internet Gateway core packages include access to download AnyConnect from the Software Download center. AnyConnect makes it easy for customers to roll out Umbrella across roaming devices and also simplifies their journey for migrating to our SIG packages down the line.

The Cisco contract or Subscription ID generated provides access to those with their CCO ID associated, to download AnyConnect only for the purpose of installing the Umbrella module. For all other use cases, such as AnyConnect VPN or other AnyConnect integrations, a separate AnyConnect license is required.

Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/umbrella/guide-c07-742830.html

Hope that helps

gors
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing this information, its very useful  for me or future life

mark.white.nz
Level 1
Level 1

When you download the AnyConnect preDeploy package it includes a number of modules so you just install the modules you need (umbrella in this case). Each module needs the relevant license and the umbrella modules license is part of the Umbrella SIG order.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: