Views
Helpful
Replies

Code Integrity Errors - Cisco certificate expired

Josh M
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Another admin in my org brought this to my attention today. I believe it's largely a non-issue but figured I'd bring it up for discussion here in case I might be wrong about it. MS Code Integrity is throwing out errors for AMP for a .dll found at C:\Program Files\Cisco\AMP\scriptid\damiscom64.dll. Upon further inspection, the cert associated with all .dll files located under \AMP\scriptid\ are expired. This is what's causing Code Integrity to pump out these errors.

I've checked quite a few of our hosts with AMP installed and these logs are typically around ~1MB in size. This cert was issued by CISCO SYSTEMS CANADA CA and expired on 2/15/2023.

I have not noticed any negative impact due to this, nor have fellow admins at my org- I just wanted to bring this up in case this cert expiry was something Cisco missed, or if this is negatively impacting someone else at another org.

Your thoughts, comments and feedback are appreciated. Thank you!

JoshM_1-1706642017796.png

JoshM_2-1706642432751.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bmacer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no harm from this because there is a counter signature that verifies it was valid when it was signed, but we are investigating potential options for suppressing the alarming error message.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

bmacer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no harm from this because there is a counter signature that verifies it was valid when it was signed, but we are investigating potential options for suppressing the alarming error message.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.