Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco AnyConnect supports Safari URLs triggered VPN

HuntLee304798
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have a lot of Mac ipad/iPhone users.  Does Cisco AnyConnect supports Safari URLs triggered VPN? That is, when their Safari browser opens a specific URL, it could trigger the VPN.  But if it goes to another URL, it doesn't trigger VPN.

Is this possible? What configuration do i need to put on Cisco ASAv?

Appreciated if someone can shed a light on this.

Cheers,

Lee

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I used to implement VPN On Demand a while back when expressways weren't there for IOS devices. I used it once with macOS and it worked with some glitch.
Never tested it back on macOS but I believe it's still working, you can try it out. The only requirement is that authentication is based on certificate only otherwise it's not going to work.

Here a video link that can help: http://www.labminutes.com/sec0136_ssl_vpn_anyconnect_mobile_and_ondemand_vpn_1

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco,

I am planning to use it with Microsoft Intune.  Can that be used for authentication? Or each of the iPhone/iPad needs a certificate from the ASA?

Cheers,

Lee

Nope it'll work only with certificate and no mfa if you want to implement on-demand vpn.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: