Views
Helpful
Replies

Hidden User Created | CtxPkmService

ventaran
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Anyone else who uses Citrix and Secure Endpoint seeing alerts for Hidden User Created with the value CtxPkmService being added into \MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList ?

This looks a FP to me. Started happening past 24 hours.
Thank you for your time and help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

flindemann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

We have had the same Issue last Thursday. It appears that the alert is related to a specific Citrix version update to the Workspace Client. We consider it a false positive, especially since no hidden user has been created permanently.

Regards, Frank

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

flindemann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

We have had the same Issue last Thursday. It appears that the alert is related to a specific Citrix version update to the Workspace Client. We consider it a false positive, especially since no hidden user has been created permanently.

Regards, Frank

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you for bringing this False Positive to our attention. We also had a TAC case filed on this and the issue has since been resolved. If you see the issue occur again, please open a TAC case so we can get it addressed quickly.

Thanks,

Matt

This is still occurring Matt. 

We're seeing these 'Hidden User Created' detections for the Citrix 'CtxPkmService' alerts from AMP as recently as 15 minutes ago. 

Interesting. I'll reach out to the developers and see what we can do. Do you have a TAC case open I can reference?

Thanks,

-Matt

I'd suggest trying to update your signatures considering that is how it was resolved. 

MatthewFranks_0-1721049538842.png

In case that doesn't work, what connector version are you on?

-Matt

TaylorOfTheCave
Level 1
Level 1

I do see all of the clients who reported the FP also did Signature/Policy/Component updates within a few minutes of the detection so my expectation is that these clients had been offline since before the update was pushed via policy and they just did the scan/detection before they did the signature update. 

I've updated our TAC case to reference that it's likely due to an order-of-operations issue with the definition update and the scan.

jplopper
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar issue that started on July 9 and continued to July 12.  Was correlated with a Citrix Receiver update.