cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to version control Secure Client UI with a secure client (formerly X)?

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe that there are three ways below that secure clients (formerly X) can control the version. (Correct me if wrong)
AnyConnect VPN
Cloud Management
Secure Endpoint

Can I control the version of Secure Client UI?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If i understand correctly yes you can control this, difference ways.

best is pre-package with Build so user always use same version, no upgrade options.

install the version on the firewall, so user get upgraded automatically when is connected to VPN

is this what you looking, apologies if that is not the requirement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are using a VPN headend (ASA or FTD of either of those with ISE backend), you can provide the Secure Client core component (including the UI) via those by uploading the desired version. Note you can only upgrade clients that way. If the client has a newer version already, it will not be downgraded. Also, the upgrade will affect ALL clients who login.

You can also control it via a Cloud Management account if you choose to do so. The option to choose the target version for a deployment is included in the cloud management portal. You can choose to put groups of clients in separate deployments to deploy the upgrade in stages if you so wish.

If you are only using the Secure Endpoint console, then you cannot separately control the bundled version of Secure client UI.