Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft doc file triggered file policy rule as a msole2 file

I have a file policy rule to block the downloading of file types "executables".  A staff member attempted to download a MSWord doc file and it was blocked due to file type of MSOLE2.  Can anyone explain why this file is considered msole2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will not need to update the Firepower Management Center OS Software, rather you will need to update the Vulnerability Database(VDB). This bug is marked as resolved in VDB 290 so please update your VDB on the FMC above 290

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

mihails
Level 1
Level 1
I have the same issue
any recommendations?

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you might be hitting the following defect: CSCvd17275. Can you confirm the VDB version that you are running on your appliance?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

What is the fix to this bug CSCvd17275? Update Firepower management center? The release notes doesn't say that this has been fixed.

You will not need to update the Firepower Management Center OS Software, rather you will need to update the Vulnerability Database(VDB). This bug is marked as resolved in VDB 290 so please update your VDB on the FMC above 290

Did that, and it works!

Dear sir ,

As per your instruction this bug has been resolved above VDB 290. But still i get same problem. My vdb version is 324.

I had previously removed the msole2 file type from my rule set to work around this problem.  I just verified that we are now running VDB 303.  I have re-added the msole2 file type to my rules and will continue to monitor...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: