Views
Helpful
Replies

Product updates for Cisco AMP connectors

vaibhav58
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

What setting should be there for the connectors to get auto updated.

My computer is on version 5.1.13 and we have below setting :

Product Version -  none

So do  we manually update all workstations? Since i see 6.0.5 is the latest and we are still on old

thanks in advance!!

Regards

Vaibhav

21 Replies 21

Correct 7.0 to 7.1.5 shouldnt need a reboot

If you go from 7.0.5 to the latest, you should not need a reboot.  As I mentioned, there may be some edge cases where a reboot is required but those should be rare and if you hit one, please let us know so we can get it fixed going forward.

Thanks,

Matt

for version upgrades 6.x to 7.x :

WHY does the product uninstall and sit unprotected until the reboot happens?  Seems to be a big development flaw.  The product should download the update, recommend the reboot, and sit protected with 6.x ... once the reboot is initiated conduct the upgrade and reboot.  problem solved! ... Makes 0 sense to uninstall the moment the update is received.  

As is I do not know when i can upgrade to 7.x ... I cant leave the majority of my infrastructure unprotected waiting for people to reboot, and I cannot forcefully reboot everything in the environment.  I have been upgrading manually and very very slowly.  

TianLiu98138
Level 1
Level 1

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/fireamp-endpoints/tsd-products-support-install-and-upgrade-technotes-list.html

can check above link for the official suggestion of which version upgrade needs reboot as well as OS compatibility.

Hello @TianLiu98138,

improvement for "No Reboot Updates" are included in the latest 7.x connector version. 

• Upgrading from versions <7.x to Version 7.x needs an Endpoint Reboot.

Regarding OS compatibility, are you looking for a specific OS version support?

Greetings,

Thorsten

Hello @Troja007 ,

I just find the link so share it with others.

No need for the compatibility support currently, Thanks for asking.

Thanks

Tian

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,
i assume this discussion can be marked as resolved, as needed reboots after connector upgrades haven been solved a longer time ago.
Greetings, Thorsten