Views
Helpful
Replies

Tetra Update Server

Mrahbi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have Tetra update server on windows server 2012 R2, I make the configuration as in the document 

When i try to open the web server it show me Service Unavailable

what could be the problem?

image.png 

2 Replies 2

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The TETRA update server isn't designed with a GUI.  It is meant solely for your endpoints to reach out to for TETRA updates.  You set up the server and then configure the TETRA update server in the policy in your AMP console.

Thanks,

Matt

BryanAMP
Level 1
Level 1

I just recently installed and configured an on-prem Tetra server myself. I found the following directions to be quite useful and pretty straight forward:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/213237-amp-tetra-on-prem-server-configuration-s.html

One thing that isn't defined very well is what options you need to pick when setting up the IIS role. I wanted to make sure this was going to work so I went overboard when setting up the role by including .NET 3.5 and taking all the defaults that pop up with that and .NET 4.5 and all those defaults. 

Also needed to get a local PKI cert generated and put in the ms cert store.

ALSO ... It is important to download and install the url-rewrite from Microsoft, there is a note near the webconfig directions with a link to the binary. 

Oh ... and don't forget internal DNS ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: