Level 7
Level 7

Will AMP for endpoints work on the new Windows 11 platform

8 Replies 8

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Gallifrean,
initial testing shows that Secure Endpoint version 7.4.1 works on the Windows 11 platform. It has not undergone a full test/regression cycle but we will do this prior to the Windows 11 release.
Greetings,
Thorsten

dustinbarott26
Level 1
Level 1

Following for official response. 

@dustinbarott26,
agree, when Windows 11 will be official supported, it will be listed here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/214847-amp-for-endpoints-windows-connector-os-c.html

In addition, there will be an announcement in the Secure Endpoint console.

Greetings,
Thorsten

@Troja007 

Microsoft officially released Windows 11 to the public today, is there any update on official Secure Endpoint support.

I'm not being impatient, I want to be able to have the correct information when the question comes from above.

Thanks 

I just got an email from the automated announcement saying that Orbital isn't supported on Win 11 yet...
That'll be a blocker for us... but its not like we're going to start rolling 11 out for at least 6-8 months. We'll let the beta testers (oops, early adopters) find the worst of the bugs first

Hello @SReed2020,
engineering tested with 7.4.1. This connector version can be installed and shows no issues. BUT, it is not official supported AND we have to dig deeper into the OS, as there are changes to Win11 we need to address. I assume connector version 7.5.x will official support Windows 11, which may will be released End of November. BUT, once again, this is NOT any official statement. Best way is to talk to your Cisco representative to get an official statement.

Greetings,
Thorsten

@Troja007 

Thank you for the "non-official" statement/timeline. I appreciate it.

I can conceivably run Windows 11 on some test machines, but I will inform anyone who asks that it will probably be officially supported by the end of the year. 

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

this morning I've got official notice, because I use Secure Endpoint :

"Cisco Secure Endpoint Announcement - Orbital on Windows 11

Customers are advised that Orbital is not currently supported on Windows 11 but that support will be included in future releases."

M