cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Steps Can I Take to Fix QB Desktop Update Error 15225

Sharon635Davis
Level 1
Level 1

I've been encountering QB Desktop Update Error 15225 whenever I try to update my software. This error is halting my progress, and I'm unsure how to proceed. Could someone please provide detailed steps or solutions to resolve this issue? I need to ensure that my software is up-to-date for smooth operation, but this error is proving to be a roadblock. Any assistance or guidance on troubleshooting  Desktop Update Error 15225 would be greatly appreciated

1 Reply 1

BarbaraMSilver
Level 1
Level 1

hi @Sharon635Davis 

To resolve QB Desktop Update Error 15225, follow these steps:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure your internet connection is stable and working properly.

2. Update QB Desktop Manually: If the automatic update fails, try updating QB Desktop manually by downloading and installing the latest update from the official Intuit website.

3. Run QB Desktop as Administrator: Right-click on the QB Desktop icon and select "Run as administrator" to give QB Desktop the necessary permissions to complete the update process.

4. Verify TLS Settings: Verify that Transport Layer Security (TLS) settings are set correctly in Internet Explorer. QB Desktop relies on these settings for secure communication.

5. Disable Firewall and Antivirus: Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software, as they might be blocking QB Desktop from connecting to the update servers.

6. Run QB Desktop in Safe Mode with Networking: Boot your computer in Safe Mode with Networking and try updating QB Desktop again. This can help isolate any third-party software conflicts.

7. Use QB Install Diagnostic Tool: Download and run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool from the Intuit website to automatically diagnose and fix common QB installation issues.

If the error persists after trying the above steps, contact QB Support for further assistance. They can provide personalized troubleshooting steps based on your specific situation.

for sharing.jpg