cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-5506-X error on ASDM with FirePower Connected

Martin
Level 1
Level 1

My 5506-X will load the ASDM fine when i disconect the FirePower module from the network, but when i connect it i get the error bellow

ASDM was unable to load the firewalls configuration.

and then it exits, i need to update the software on the FirePower module but i need to get into the ASDM with it connected to do that.

I have attached a screen shot of the issue

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In your current setup Firepower 5.4 does not support version 9.9 unless Firepower 5.4.0.2+ than with 9.9 yes.

here is the link. firepower I also took the screen shots for you. I have highlight the box 5506-x and ASA software and the sfr version for you.

Your ASA software is version 9.9, upgrade the ASDM 7.9(2)+. once this done than upgrade the sfr module 6.2.3 version. And in case you need to upgrade via CLI here cli sfr ASA process. 

51.PNG52.PNG53.PNG

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the version of your ASA and Firepower module?

Please share the output of "show version" and "show module sfr detail" from the cli.

I cant do the show version etc till I get back to the device but the versions are

ASDM 7.9

ASA 9.9

FirePower 5.4

rommon 1.1.12

In your current setup Firepower 5.4 does not support version 9.9 unless Firepower 5.4.0.2+ than with 9.9 yes.

here is the link. firepower I also took the screen shots for you. I have highlight the box 5506-x and ASA software and the sfr version for you.

Your ASA software is version 9.9, upgrade the ASDM 7.9(2)+. once this done than upgrade the sfr module 6.2.3 version. And in case you need to upgrade via CLI here cli sfr ASA process. 

51.PNG52.PNG53.PNG

please do not forget to rate.

I agree with @Sheraz.Salim .

Since it appears your Firepower service module is unconfigured (running the old default software version), I would just reimage it (You can do that from cli and not use ASDM) to version 6.2.3. Then patch it to 6.2.3.9 (currently patch level) and configure from there using ASDM.

Here's the document describing how to reimage and bootstrap the module:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-firepower-services/118644-configure-firepower-00.html

All sorted i can now get into the ASDM anjd have full access to the firepower module

thanks guys, I have a couple of different issues now though but i will raise them in other threads

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card