Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 9.8 - Disable TLS V1.0

Mokhalil82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I am looking at disabling TLS V1.0 on our ASAs. I am running ASA Version 9.8 and ASDM Version 7.9.

Currently I have 2 IPSEC VPNs and 0 RA VPNs.

I can see in ASDM how to change the minimum SSL level to use. So i can change it from here to use atleast TLS 1.1. 

What effect will this have on my IPSEC tunnels and my access to the ASA using ASDM. I would make the changes out of hours. 

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can set TLS 1.1 as the minimum version to be used by ASA as an SSL client or server. This should effectively disable TLSv1 on the ASA. IPsec should not be affected by this. ASDM may be affected if your client does not support anything above TLS v1.

CLI commands:

ssl server-version tlsv1.1
      ssl client-version tlsv1.1

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can set TLS 1.1 as the minimum version to be used by ASA as an SSL client or server. This should effectively disable TLSv1 on the ASA. IPsec should not be affected by this. ASDM may be affected if your client does not support anything above TLS v1.

CLI commands:

ssl server-version tlsv1.1
      ssl client-version tlsv1.1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: